Introducing The New Equi Editions Range!
We are so excited to be starting the New Year with the launch our NEW Editions range!
First up in this range is Glow Edition, and we wanted to answer all your questions about it, tell you how it works and why it’s so amazing.
Let’s start by asking what the Editions range is?When we started Equi, we wanted to make positive changes to the supplement industry with a new, unique and effective approach.
With our first Formula range, we developed all-in-one, comprehensive products, making a specialist, practitioner approach to wellness much more accessible. We LOVE hearing how our products have given so many of you amazing results and provided clarity in a pretty confusing marketplace.
Interestingly, but not surprisingly.....the question we're asked most is about taking more than one Formula. You ladies want the beauty benefits of Beauty Formula with the weight management support from Lean Formula, as well as the energy and concentration boost from Original Formula. Though you can take more than one, it kind of defeats the point of the Formulas and we wanted to provide more options for our customers.
So, we've developed a new product line to be taken in addition to your Formula, or as a stand alone addition to your daily routine - the Editions range.
Super-powerful and focused, each of our Editions has been carefully blended to target specific areas with a select few key ingredients (rather than the 50+ found in the Formulas).
You can take our Editions standalone for a little boost, or for even better results, combine alongside our comprehensive Formula range for a little extra support in certain areas (The Editions will target everything from energy, sleep, mood and skin to PMS and menopause).
The Editions are a little cheaper than the Formulas (owing to having fewer ingredients), are all in capsule form (not powder) but like the rest of our range, they will only contain the highest quality, chemical-free ingredients. Depending on the product, these ingredients include premium vitamins & minerals, herbs, botanicals, and antioxidants, as well as medicinal mushrooms, and as always, we combine the best of science and nature.
Glow Edition is the first of the range, why did you start with skin?
We love anything skin related, especially when it’s about beauty from within! Skin is also one of the most popular areas we get asked about, and lots of you lovely lot were asking whether you could take Beauty Formula alongside other products (such as with Original or Lean Formula). We wanted to have an easy option for a skin booster that could be taken alongside any of our products, as a little complexion pep-me-up.
Our Beauty Formula is super popular, but we are also aware that some people prefer to take capsules instead of powder. Owing to the incredible diversity of ingredients in Beauty Formula, we just can’t get it into capsules (unless you want to take 15 per day, which let’s face it, doesn’t sound great) so we wanted to have an option for a great skin product that can be taken in capsule form at just two capsules per day. It has fewer ingredients than the Beauty Formula but is a really brilliant way to encourage a healthy glow.
What can it help with?
Our nutritionists have spent months curating this formula to get maximum results, choosing ingredients that penetrate the skin to help with everything from anti-ageing to boosting brightness. We have carefully blended 8 phytonutrients, vitamins, minerals & antioxidants together, all designed to nourish deep into the skin’s layers and brighten any complexion whilst also enhancing resilience to the skin structure. It does this by helping to do the following:
- Reducing the appearance of fine lines with Opti-MSM® a super-pure and well-researched form of 'methyl-sulfonyl-methane'. This plant-based sulphur rich compound is naturally occurring and essential for skin health because it helps to create elastin and collagen, two very important structural components of the skin that help to make the skin more supple, elastic and less prone to signs of ageing. This might be why in a study in 2015, significant improvements in skin appearance and condition were found when 20 women took MSM for 4 months1. MSM is also great for hair and nail health and may help to reduce inflammation and pain in joints2 – a welcome bonus.
- Nourishing skin texture and elasticity – also with anti-oxidants such as resveratrol, lycopene, and zeaxanthin.
- Antioxidant-rich turmeric and bilberry encourage a smoother, brighter skin tone, whilst helping with inflamed, dry, itchy skin conditions, by discouraging inflammation and supporting immunity. Turmeric is also great for the gut, which as you may know already is vital for healthy skin.
- Pine Bark (one of Equi's favourite, yet little-known ingredients that has been well researched) which can help to improve hydration and elasticity, as well as strengthening skin for UV protection3. This, alongside antioxidants, can help to combat brown marks and patchiness resulting from sun-exposed skin.
- Lycopene and zeaxanthin – these are incredibly nourishing phytonutrients extracted from marigold, that have been shown to help with everything from acne4, to reducing inflammation.
- Finally, vitamin C which is needed to make collagen*, support immunity, brighten skin and create a youthful flawless glow, no matter what age your skin is!
*Vitamin C contributes to normal collagen formation
Is it meant for younger or older skin?It is suitable for either younger or older skin types! Glow Edition is really anyone’s secret weapon on the quest for glowing, youthful skin created from the inside-out and the ultimate antidote to skin ageing.
- For younger skin it can not only help from a preventative point of view, but also when it comes to helping protect from the damaging sun rays and pollution, as well as helping to encourage glowing, brighter skin.
- For older skin it can also help with the above, but it’s a useful support for discolouration3, premature ageing and boosting overall radiance as well.
Glow Edition can be taken standalone, but you get better results with Beauty Formula. Why?
Beauty Formula is THE most comprehensive skin supplement available on the market (and has won two awards for the privilege… ahem!). This is because it has around 50 ingredients that work to nourish the skin by aiding hormone balance, immunity, gut health, liver function and many more important body systems. It also has collagen, silica, hyaluronic acid and some amazingly nourishing skin ingredients (some of which overlap with Glow Edition, but are safe to taken together). If you take Beauty Formula as well as the Glow Edition, you’ll give your skin ultimate nourishment from within to help it to be healthy, clear and bright.
Is it different to the Beauty Formula?Beauty Formula is brilliant if you have a skin complaint because it helps to nourish your complexion by supporting the whole body, as well as giving the key nutrients to support it directly (this is also why it’s a little more expensive).
Meanwhile, Glow Edition targets skin but with fewer ingredients to give it a real boost, but not offering the same whole-body support as Beauty Formula (you’d need to take this on top if you wanted it). The approach is slightly different, but both give incredible results!
Can you take Glow Edition with other Formulas?
Yes – it works well alongside all our Formula range. Though you can take it alongside Pregnancy Formula, you cannot take Glow Edition when pregnant or breastfeeding (this is because research is not done on pregnant ladies with supplements, so we always like to stay on the side of caution during this time).
How quickly can I start seeing results? How often should I take them?
A jar lasts for 30 days (2 caps per day) and though we would expect you to see results with skin in 2-3 weeks, for a transformation we suggest taking it for 2-3 months... it can take this long for new, healthy skin cells to reach the surface to outwardly show off your better skin.
Is Glow vegan?
Yes! It’s totally vegan and we use vegan capsules only. The rest of the Editions will be vegan where possible.
We are so sure you'll love taking Glow Edition, we'll give you your money back if you don't* T&Cs apply
- Anthonavage, M. et al. Effects of Oral Supplementation With Methylsulfonylmethane on Skin Health and Wrinkle Reduction. Natural Medicine Journal, 2015.
- Usha & Naidu. Randomized, Double Blind, Parallel, Placebo Controlled Study of Oral Glucosamine, Methylsulfonylmethane and their Combination in Osteoarthritis. Clin Drug Invest, 2004, 24:6 353-363
- Grether-Beck, S.; Marini, A.; Jaenicke, T.; Krutmann, J. French maritime pine bark extract (pycnogenol(r)) effects on human skin: Clinical and molecular evidence. Skin Pharmacol Physiol 2016, 29, 13-17.10.1159/000441039
- Chernyshova, M.P.; Pristenskiy, D.V.; Lozbiakova, M.V.; Chalyk, N.E.; Bandaletova, T.Y.; Petyaev, I.M. Systemic and skin-targeting beneficial effects of lycopene-enriched ice cream: A pilot study. J Dairy Sci 2019, 102, 14-25.10.3168/jds.2018-15282
Disclaimer: Certain supplements are used for different reasons and a one-size-fits-all approach shouldn’t be adopted. In addition, pregnant women and anyone on medication should always consult a doctor before embarking on a supplements programme. As with all articles on www.equilondon.com, this is no substitution for individual medical or nutritional advice.