Daily Nutrition for strong resilient immunity
PROPRIETARY BLEND (2 CAPSULES) - Vitamin C (calcium ascorbate) 300mg (375%*), reishi extract (30% polysaccharides), elderberry extract (30:1), stoneground rice flour and extract (gluten free), Lactospore® probiotics 500 million, olive leaf extract (20% oleuropein), zinc (zinc picolinate) 10mg (100%*), andrographis extract (98% andrographolide), vitamin D3 (cholecalciferol) 25mcg (500%*). Capsule shell: vegan cellulose.
*Nutrient Reference Value
- Vitamin D3 - one of the most widely research nutrients for immune function, vitamin D modulates this vital system to strengthen our defences** and reduce inflammation. Low levels have been shown to contribute to respiratory disorders as well as an array of other health problems. Also vital for the health of our microbiome.
- Elderberry extract – A source of vitamin C**, A** and antioxidants, all of which help to strengthen immunity and may help the body fight against contagious bugs. Elderberry has been used traditionally to help ease the symptoms of common seasonal sniffles and coughs.
- Zinc - essential for a wide array of body functions, being especially important for normal immune function** where it is required for the production of T- cells, a type of white blood cell that protects the body from viruses and other foreign invaders.
- Andrographis – an Ayurvedic herb, known as the ‘Indian Echinacea’ that contains active constituent andrographolides to help protect the immune system against seasonal sniffles. Research shows improved reactions to viruses and colds (1).
- Vitamin C - Long been relied upon as an effective immune booster, vitamin C is an incredibly nourishing nutrient for the whole body. Supports an array of critical immune functions** including macrophage activity, which helps the body fight off foreign invaders. A great supplement to add in when feeling run-down, or simply to help keep the body strong.
- Olive leaf extract – a rich source of polyphenol antioxidants, in particular oleuperin, which has been shown in studies to help reduce the number of sick days taken (2), helping the body get back to fighting fit. Olive leaf extract also has the benefit of nourishing antioxidant properties.
- Reishi mushroom extract – known as the king of mushrooms, reishi has been found to contain 400 bioactive compounds, including immune-supporting ‘beta-glucans’. One of nature’s most nourishing foods and has long been used in Chinese medicine to nourish the whole body, helping to build a strong constitution. Also shown in research to reduce inflammation and moderate our immunity (3, 4) to help it better fight against bacteria, viruses, and other pathogens. Also a prebiotic, to aid gut health.
- Lactospore® probiotics - our microbiome form a key line of defence against the onslaught of foreign invaders and help the body fight against infection. You can read more about how the gut and immune system are linked below.
**Vitamin C, A, and zinc contribute towards normal immune function.
- Hu XY, Wu RH, Logue M, et al. Correction: Andrographis paniculata (Chuān Xīn Lián) for symptomatic relief of acute respiratory tract infections in adults and children: A systematic review and meta-analysis. PLoS ONE. 2018;13(11):e0207713.
- V Somerville, R Moore & A Braakhuis, The Effect of Olive Leaf Extract on Upper Respiratory Illness in High School Athletes: A Randomised Control Trial. Nutrients. 2019 Feb; 11(2): 358.
- Nahata A. Ganoderma lucidum: A potent medicinal mushroom with numerous health benefits. Pharm. Anal. Acta. 2013;4:10. doi: 10.4172/2153-2435.1000e159.
- Xin Wang, Zhibin Lin (2019) Immunomodulating Effect of Ganoderma (Lingzhi) and Possible Mechanism. PMID: 31777013
- G Vighi, F Marcucci, L Sensi, G Di Cara, & F Frati, Allergy and the gastrointestinal system. Clin Exp Immunol, 2008 Sep; 153(Suppl 1): 3–6.
- Schuijt T.J., van der Poll T., Wiersinga W.J. (2012) Gut Microbiome and Host Defense Interactions during Critical Illness. Annual Update in Intensive Care and Emergency Medicine, Springer, Berlin, Heidelberg.
Directions - Take x2 capsules per day after a meal. Store in cool dark place, out of direct sunlight
For more information about how to take Equi click here
Do not exceed recommended intake or take in place of a healthy diet. If under medical supervision or taking medication please consult a doctor before use. If you have an autoimmune condition please consult a doctor before taking. Not suitable for pregnant/breastfeeding women. Keep out of reach of children.
We’ve sourced ingredients of the highest quality and purity. Free from dairy & gluten containing ingredients, yeast, soy, artificial flavours, colours & refined sugar. VEGAN